“2 Corinthians 6:14, Do not be unequally yoked together”. To put this in contemporary terms make sure your hook is in the right pond.
7 Foundational guidelines for single Christian Women and dating.
1. Dating non christian men is probably not a good idea. Date and marry a man whose vision for the future is in line with your vision for the future and your life’s goals and dreams.
If your plan for the future is a college education, career, and marriage then you need to date a like minded individual.
2. Let your manner of dress and behavior reflect a respectable woman who intends to be treated as such. It’s possible to be modest and stylish. Carry yourself in such a way that reflects dignity and respect.
3. You’re single, keep your options open. Marriage is a life time deal.
4. Have standards! A man must qualify to date you. It says in proverbs that the virtuous woman is more precious than rubies, and nothing that the man can ever desire will compare to her.
5. Don’t be afraid to dismiss someone you’re not feeling a connection with and or is not qualified to date you.
6. Dating is supposed to be fun. Don’t quiz the guy on how many bible verses he knows. Find out about him what he likes to do for fun.
7. Be lighthearted, have fun, dating is a journey of self discovery and discovery of people. You find out what you like what you don’t like, the things you can not live without. Most of all you’ll be progressing toward the person God has for you.