First and Foremost God hates Divorce, and so should you. It’s a decision that should not be entered into lightly. Just like marriage. There are 3 scriptural reasons where God allows divorce. They are, adultery, abuse, and abandonment. In a perfect world there would be no divorce ever. However we live in this world and for any number of reasons divorce happens! Marriage is a covenant and a commitment before God. Every possible resolution should be explored first, and divorce should be the last option. It all starts with the single person before they are ever married. My advice to avoid divorce is to seek ye first the kingdom of God. This is a critical first move in avoiding divorce. Once you have developed your relationship with God, then you can work on developing relationships with other people. God has a partner for you. Seek God’s plan for your life and things will start to fall into place. So if you are with the person God has for you you cannot fail.
However, if you leave God out of the equation and just jump out there yourself and pick a man, it’s going to fail! John 15:5 is clear it says: “I’m the vine, you are the branches, if you remain in me you will bear much fruit, apart from me ye can do nothing!!!!!!!!” He’s saying , you can’t have a successful anything without me! (whether you know it or not) However hopefully you will learn this after you get tired of going around the same mountain time after time. Like my mom used to say, “some people have to learn the hard way”, but i don’t want that for my Smart Christian Woman readers. If I could give you one piece of advice that would sum up the most important thing I’ve learned about being a Christian woman It’s simply this: You must have God in it! In what you ask?, In every area of your life. After that the rest will take care of itself. This thing called life, you cannot do it by yourself. Isaiah 55:9, “My ways are higher than your ways, my thoughts are higher tan your thoughts as the heavens are high above the Earth.” Translation: I’m smarter than you!
5 ways to Rebuild your life after Divorce
- Let yourself grieve. You can’t heal from this by pretending it didn’t happen. Work through your feelings and all your range of emotions. The only way to overcome something is to go through it.
- Keeping a journal helps people with post traumatic stress disorder. You can record your progress. Doesn’t seem like it now, but you will get through this.
- Seek professional help – girlfriends who let you cry on their shoulder are great. However a professional will help you to jump start your new life so that you can move forward.
- Make New friends – You need people you can connect with on the level you are at now. Your new life.
- Start dating again, (take it slow) a little flattering male attention can go along ways to healing a bruised ego.
You know what I found out about breakups? Life goes on! And it can go on in a big way! The best is yet to come!
Write A brand New Chapter. Wonderful new beginnings are on the way.