Self-Confidence is usually described as a state of being. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself. Self-confidence is the difference between feeling unstoppable and feeling low. Your perception of yourself has an enormous impact on how others see you. Perception is reality the more self-confidence you have the more likely you are to succeed. A large percentage of women have confidence issues that prevents them from living out their full potential. Well today I’m going to teach you how to take back your confidence! Let’s face it women can be hypocritical and downright mean to each other! (some women that is).
Their always judging others, constantly comparing themselves to one another. To me it’s so high school. It takes a really confident and self-assured woman to rise above the childishness, ignore the pettiness, and do your thing. Keep in mind it’s the totally insecure women that would even take the time to indulge in negativity. Now we can all be judgmental to a degree, even me. For instance, “The Oscars award show” that was just aired. They always do a fashion review, and ladies always flock to the television to see fashion review. We want to see what our favorite stars are wearing, it’s fun to see the fashions and give your opinion on them including me. There’s nothing wrong with giving your opinion, it’s all a matter of personal taste and style. This is just good clean fun.
The negativity I’m speaking about is in everyday life, in your office, people you see in public, and people you come in contact with. Constant negative judgement of other women. To make someone feel bad about themselves, because maybe they’re overweight, underweight, or not the western standard of beauty, or you don’t like their wardrobe, it’s not Christian. Ephesians 4:29, says “Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” In modern language it means “if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.” Unless you are planning to help, maybe it’s a friend of yours that could use a little updating on her look and you tell her we’re going to go and get you a makeover. Perhaps you can do the makeover yourself. Or the two of you can go and get your hair and makeup done together or go shopping together help her out.
A misguided or weaker minded woman would have you believe “you dress for other women.” Let me dispel this myth right now it’s a lie straight from the pit of hell. They want you to think that so you will stay bound to them and their opinions. To me that’s one of the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. “dress for other women” The devil is a liar. First and foremost I dress for me! It’s all about my personal taste and style, how I look and feel and I’m the harshest judge on myself. If I emerge into the world looking and feeling my best other people will take notice as well. Next, it’s all about my “MAN” what he likes, what he thinks about my look, DONE and DONE. A woman who is confident in herself can uplift other woman. There are a number of things you can do to consciously build confidence. By using these 10 strategies you can get the mental edge you need to live out your full potential.
10 Ways to build Self-Confidence
- Dress sharp. Clothes affect the way a woman looks and feels. No one is more conscious of your appearance than you are. When you don’t look good it changes the way you carry yourself and the way you interact with people. Use this to your advantage by taking care of your personal appearance. Regular maintenance of your hair and your nails. Be cognizant of the latest styles and if you’re not good at style, wear what’s on the mannequin. This doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune on clothes. Select high quality items in the long run this will decrease spending because high quality clothes last longer. Start with neutrals and then branch out.
- Good posture. The way a person carries herself tells a story. People who slouch, have slumped shoulders, and lethargic movements display a lack of confidence. They are not enthusiastic about what they are doing and they don’t consider themselves important. By practicing good posture you’ll automatically feel important. Sit up straight, keep your head up, make eye contact. You’ll make a positive impression on others and feel more alert and empowered.
- Walk faster. One of the easiest ways to see how a person feels about herself is to examine her walk. Is it slow, tired, painful? Or is it energetic and purposeful? People with confidence walk quickly. They have places to go, people to see, and important work to do. Even if you’re not in a hurry you can increase your self-confidence by putting some pep in your step.
- Compliment others. You should have no problem complimenting another woman if she looks nice. Why not? Women complement me all the time. Why not pay it forward. A true sign of a confident woman is when she can compliment others. Only insecure women do not.
- Physical fitness. Has a huge effect on self-confidence. (think body building contest for men) They have spent the time training their bodies and they “Know” they look good and want nothing more than to show it off. My man will ask me, “how did your workout go this morning?” And sometimes I’ll tell him “the summer is looking good”. Meaning I’m putting time in and I know I’m going to look good this summer because I’m working on it. Having the discipline to work out not only makes you feel better it creates a positive momentum that you can build on.
- Know your strengths and weakness. As you learn who you are you gain confidence in your strengths and also learn your weakness. It might help to list five things you do well and five things you would like to do better.
- Take Risks. Confidence is a funny thing. You go out and do the thing that your most terrified of and confidence comes after.
- Practice confidence. Like anything else in life your confidence will improve with practice. When you have the opportunity to meet new people, introduce yourself, shake their hand firmly and make eye contact. If you need to speak in front of a crowd practice it in front of a mirror until you “feel” confident.
- Don’t wait to “feel confident”. Feel the fear and do it anyway! You may never “feel” confident until you go out and slay that dragon that’s standing in your way. John 4:4, “If God be for you He’s more than the world against you.”
- Expect Success. Have a spirit of expectation. It might seem strange to say expect success since we can’t predict the future. As Christians we walk by faith and not by sight. Do today what you will be happy with later on. A student who enrolls in college can expect success, it won’t come overnight but it will come. Have the audacity to expect something good to happen for you when you’re making the right moves in that direction. If you do nothing then you will reap what you have sown.
Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”