In the Bible there are many different passages of wisdom and knowledge. However, knowledge without wisdom is doomed. You can have all the head knowledge and book knowledge in the world but if you don’t have wisdom you are missing the mark. In order to have wisdom you have to know God. It is very important that we use wisdom and experience to make decisions. But most of all we use the Bible as our guide. Who knows better than God about guiding us in the right direction. No one can lead us in a better direction than God. Even the enemy is subject to God. Experience is great because as the saying goes, “experience is the best teacher”. Hopefully your experiences have taught you something. If not, you are not using wisdom.
Below are 10 scripture passages on Wisdom
- Psalms 111:10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. All that keep his commandments have good understanding. His praise endureth forever.”
- Job 12:12, “In the ancient is wisdom and in the length is understanding.”
- Proverbs 3:7, “Be not wise in your own eyes. fear the Lord and depart from evil.”
- Ecclesiastes 7:12, “For wisdom is a defense, and money is a defense, but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to those that have it.”
- James 1:5, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that waver is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.”
- Proverbs 14:8, “the wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way. But the folly of fools is deceit.”
- James 3:17, “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits without partiality and hypocrisy.”
- Proverbs 29:15, “The rod and reproof give wisdom. But a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.”
- Psalms 37:30, “The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom and their tongues speak what is just.”
- Proverbs 4:6, “do not forsake wisdom and she will protect you, love her and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this, Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have get understanding.”
Knowing God is the key to knowing thyself.
Verse of the Day: