As we celebrate Holy Week, remember through the resurrection Jesus showed the world the truth of reviving and restoring the power of God’s spirit within. How awesome that we can access this power for ourselves. Acts 1:8, “Ye shall receive power…” In death, Jesus released His human form. That experience was not the end of the story, it was just the beginning. The death of the man Jesus presented the opportunity to demonstrate His eternal divinity. Jesus showed that even death can be overcome. Folks, it’s time to Get up! In the name of Jesus! What would you like to overcome today? What areas of your life need resurrecting? Your marriage, your family, your career, sickness, disease, perhaps a change in the direction in your life.
I love Easter for that reason and what it represents. However, in way it’s sad when I think of what our Lord had to go through. How they beat, flogged and tortured Him, then brutally crucified Him, nailed Him on a cross to die a slow and painful death. It makes me sad and angry. But if you love God, He understands that feeling. In the same way He hurts for us. It was the ultimate sacrifice of love! Jesus didn’t die on the cross for you to stay bound to your negative situation.
Pick up your cross and follow me. I love the fact that you don’t have to stay bound to your situation, you can overcome. Heads bowed, eyes closed, let’s pray. “Father we love you and we come to you humbly in this season of resurrection claiming our God-given power to overcome the obstacles in our life. Prepare our hearts and our minds for the journey. Strengthen us and let us go forward boldly with confidence for you are with us. In the name of the Father, in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit amen.”
5 Critical steps to Overcoming Obstacles
- Focus on making progress. Focus on the doors that are open not on the doors that are closed.
- Never focus on perfection. You’re only setting yourself up for a let down. One day at a time. What can you do today to bring you closer to your goals.
- Let it go don’t hold on to the negative or the past. You can’t move forward if you are always looking in the rear view mirror. That’s why the windshield is big and the mirror small. Eyes forward.
- Track your forward progress. Change takes time. Often when we can see the tiniest progress it ignites our fire to keep moving forward. The way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
- Speak to your situation! God’s words have power. Tell yourself I will overcome this! “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.”
Verse of the day: 1 Peter 1:3 “praise be to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In His great mercy He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
Our hearts go out to Belgium today. We are praying for you. God Bless!
Thoughts or comments on this post? We’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Leave a Comment” link below. ♥