One of the most important acts as a believer is the act of Worship! To worship is a verb, an action word. Worship shows action. True worship is God centered worship. A heart turned over to God. The Apostle Paul describes worship in Romans 12:1-2, “I urge you therefore brethren to present your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable unto God which is your spiritual service of worship, and do not be conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is that which is good and acceptable or well pleasing and perfect.”
We are first motivated by the love and mercies of God which transforms us. God’s mercies are everything that He has given us that we don’t deserve. Eternal, love eternal grace, the Holy Spirit, everlasting peace, eternal joy, saving faith , comfort, strength, wisdom, hope, patience. The knowledge and understanding of these incredible gifts motivates us to pour forth praise and thanksgiving.
We worship and praise Him with our renewed minds and cleansed hearts, how awesome is that? People get so caught up in the manner in which they praise, and where they worship. A true believer knows the whole world belongs to God and it doesn’t matter where or when, only that you do it. You can do it right now in silence, or speak forth the words “I praise you Lord, I Worship you”, wherever you are. It is with the heart and mind that we serve the Lord. “Let everything that has breath serve the Lord.”
5 Ways to Worship
• We praise and worship at church amongst other believers
• We worship God with singing.
• Fellowship with other believers
• Spiritual dance
• Personal Prayer
- Praise and Worship is the life’s blood to every believer. There’s no substitute for praise and worship. “God inhabits the praises of his people.” Your praise has power, that’s the reason it’s commonly referred to as the weapon of praise. You’re only as good as the resources you draw from. So protect yourself with the weapon of praise. The thing about evil is it’s always getting worse. As a believer you can become increasingly spiritually strong.
- For myself a lot of my praise and worship is done at home. I pray and I have talks with God just like I would talk to a friend. Nothing fancy, I just talk to Him about everything because I need His help with everything. And I’m wise enough to know that now. I love my spiritual videos, I like spiritual music and books. All of these things exercise your spiritual muscles so that you will be able to stand, and having done all to stand. His Word has power. Acts 1:8, “Ye shall receive power”
Verse of the day: