A consistently misunderstood verse. People take the verse to mean money is evil or bad, and that couldn’t be further from the truth. Anyone who believes that hasn’t studied their bible. The correct verse 1 Timothy 6:10, says “the love of money is the root of all evil”, not money itself, but the love of it. For example, you love money so much that you would kill for it, steal for it, or sin against God for it. Proverbs 17:16, “For what good is money in the hands of a fool.” Money is a blessing in the right hands. Are you sowing into someone else’s life today? Sowing does not necessarily mean money, you can sow time, kindness, good deeds. However in this post the topic is money and we are called to be channels so that blessings might flow through us so that we can bless others.
I love to bless other people. In every household there are questions, they are called bills. And they are all asking the question how, when? The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 10:19, “money answers all things”. It’s what allows you to have a life. Genesis 8:22, “As long as the earth remains there will always be seed, time and harvest.” So what does the bible say about money?
7 Bible verses that tells us God wants us to Prosper
• 3 John 1:2, “Beloved I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers.”
• Ecclesiastes 7:2, “Money is a defense.”
• Malachi 3:10, “Bring the tithe into the store house that there might be meat.”
• Deuteronomy 8:18, “Ye shall remember the Lord your God for it is he that gives you the power to get wealth.”
• Proverbs, “wealth by vanity is diminished, but he that gather by labor increase”
• Philippians 4:19, “My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory.”
• Psalms 115:14, “May the Lord give you increase more and more.”
SCW Special Birthday wish for Pamela Newman 1956-2005, All Our Love to you.
Verse of the Day: