There’s no time like the present. Do you find yourself regretting the past? Or fearful of the future? As a result not being fully present in the present moment? Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised, all we have is now! To be fully engaged in the moment is very powerful. Living in the moment takes practice but when you learn how to live this way you’ll lead a fuller life and appreciate the beauty of the moment and the power of now!
5 Ways to Live the power of Now!
• Take action now. So many times I’ve said to myself let me do this now while I’m thinking about it. Time gets away from us. We forget, there’s so many distractions, there’s no better time than now.
• Focus on the now. Focus on what you’re doing. Shut off the TV, turn off the computer, slow down and savor the present.
• Give thanks to God. Be thankful and say so. Be grateful for the blessings of the Lord and express gratitude.
• Don’t worry. It’s much harder than it sounds, but worry is a thief. Worrying takes you out of this moment and transports you into the realm of future possibilities. Matthew 6:27 NIV, “Who among you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?” , Matthew 6:34 NIV, “Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
• Perform random acts of kindness. Do something for someone else without expecting anything in return. For example, the next time you see an elderly lady struggling with her bags, carry them for her or you see a stranded motorist call for help. Random acts of kindness not only help you to live in the moment but help you improve that moment for someone else, which in turns makes you feel good. You never know how a small selfless act can make someone’s day and yours as well.
Verse of the day:
Thoughts or comments on this post? We’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Leave a Comment” link below.