Ever feel like you just can’t get motivated? We all struggle with the lack of motivation at some point in our lives. The good news is you can become motivated and thrive! You can regain the willingness to move forward and do all that God has called you to do. Let’s get started!
5 Ways to Stay Motivated
1. Always act with purpose. If you don’t know why you’re doing something, you’re making that part of your life utterly meaningless. Having a purpose for every act keeps you aimed at your life’s goals instead of cooling your heels. Starting every action with a review of purpose, puts everything you do into context.
2. Don’t wait for perfection just do it now. Perfectionists expect things to be perfect before they can take action, or if they do take action they can’t enjoy whatever happens if it’s not the perfect outcome.
3. Surround yourself with motivated people. Numerous scientific studies have shown that the people around you influence your behavior. People either bring you up or down according to their level. If you hang around people who are energized, and committed to making a difference in the world, that’s what you will consider “normal”. Being motivated will stop being something that you do and become who you are. “Iron Sharpens Iron”, Proverbs 27:17
4. Break down your big tasks. Big tasks and goals can seem daunting. Especially when you have the blues. Breaking down big tasks into smaller ones will be less intimidating and more motivating.
5. Prioritize and focus. When you prioritize you do the most important thing first and focus completely on it until it is done. When you prioritize tasks, all the other tasks are put into proper context. For instance, if you have a presentation at work on Monday and again on Friday, then Monday is what you work on because that’s coming up next. Forward thinking motivated individuals are always thinking, What are the next few moves?
Verse of the Day:
Thoughts or comments on this post? We’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Leave a Comment” link below.