Love your marriage enough to protect it? Your attempts to build a strong God honoring marriage are pleasing to Him. What is a hedge? A hedge is any barrier or boundary. Hedges built around marriages are: a protecting set of boundaries agreed upon by a husband and wife. You must view your marriage as your most precious and valuable covenant before God. So what do you do with your most valuable commitment? You protect it.
5 Benefits of a Hedge protected Marriage
- A fenced in playground to share with your best friend. Your committing to steering clear of the world’s temptation. What you’re gaining is so much more fulfilling a long lasting, progressive, satisfying relationship in which you get to share your lives together, and enjoy uninhibited sexual pleasure.
- Unconditional Love and Forgiveness. While it may be challenging at times to give this kind of love, think of how wonderful it is to be on the receiving end.
- Freedom that comes from peace of mind. By setting healthy boundaries for your marriage and maintaining an open honest relationship you have freedom from worry and doubt. Most importantly your marriage will be in God’s hand’s because God will honor your hedge of protection.
- Distance your marriage from any negative or ungodly people. Success has enemies. Not everyone will be happy that you are happy. Some will be envious and you have to protect your covenant from people looking to disrupt your flow.
- Avoid even the appearance of impropriety! Intentionally do not allow yourself to be alone with the opposite sex, say even for an innocent business lunch. Sure, you’re doing nothing wrong. But do you really want the people at work rumoring about you? Always make it a threesome just to be safe. Sometimes it’s not just about what you do, but how it looks.
Verse of the Day: