Happy Holidays From Big Bear California! 10,000 ft above sea level, beautiful picturesque mountains as far as the eye can see. Didn’t know California had snow? California is great for its warm weather climate, but at higher elevations there is indeed cold and snow. My husband and I love getting away from it all and coming here snuggling by a roaring fire. It’s a couples winter getaway this year for my husband and I. It felt great to wake up to the mountains this morning. Spending Christmas here will be just perfect after all of our hard work this year.
Thinking of ways to spend some quality time with your spouse this season? In addition to hotels with room service, you could do a bed and breakfast, they’re always a quaint and cozy. Winter is great for cozy winter cabins, you can rent them. There are several different types you can get depending on amenities, view, etc… priced to fit every budget. But remember you can’t put a price on the memories you’ll acquire.
The slopes of Big Bear Mountain
Here are some pictures from our last Big Bear Family vacation.
Playing with the kids in the snow!
Carving out time to spend with your husband during the holidays can be tough. With never ending holiday to do lists, endless errands, and children’s activities. Make your marriage the priority this season. Devote some quality time to your one and only this holiday season. Here are 7 holiday winter dates to spark some romance this season.
- Weekend Getaway. Drop off the kids at their grandparents make the necessary arrangements and getaway. It could be a Friday, Saturday stay or live on the edge and stay Sunday too. There are several options, in addition to nice hotels with room service, you might try a Bed and breakfast. Winter is great for renting cabins. My husband and I like to getaway to a cozy mountain cabin in winter. Getaways are a great way for parents to stay connected.
2. Go Sledding. Nothing rekindles romance like laughter and laughing together, go ahead big kids can have fun too.
3. Netflix and chill. Put the kids to bed. Grab some blankets, hot coffee, warm up the fireplace. Choose a holiday themed movie or whatever you enjoy, make some snacks and relax.
4. Live music clubs. These places usually have a thirty and over crowd very laid back and sophisticated.
5. Try a new restaurant for a romantic dinner. Restaurants that have a romantic theme have dark lighting, and tend to be a little quieter.
6. Warm up at a modern coffee bar with a cappuccino and good conversation just the two of you.
7. Play a couples game. Call it a prelude to intimacy. There are several different types. You can usually find them at bookstores like Barnes and Nobles.
Verse of the Day: