Verse of the day:
To God be the glory! I did it guys! I graduated with my second degree! And had the pleasure of seeing my daughter graduate college as well. One down, one to go, my son is next.
See “About the Author” page for new pics!
Welcome new followers! SCW’s popularity has grown tremendously. Praise God for each person we’ve touched, for every article you’ve found interesting, for every scripture that has given you peace! We’ve compiled a list of viewers statistical favorite posts. We invite you to read and enjoy and always if you have a comment, we’d love to hear it. This post marks our 800th POST! Amazing even to us. Time has just flown by. SCW is your source for contemporary Christian reading that speaks in a modern way to our everyday lives, which uplifts and strengthens our spirit through the word of God!
Happy Wedding Anniversary 2018 to my Amazing Husband. Your Love is a Blessing.
Couples (Dating, Engaged, long-term)
Ladies I want to emphasize what being a couple means, and what it should mean for a Christian Woman. A Smart Christian woman Does not just aimlessly date without purpose with just any man who asks her out (as if). No, a smart Christian woman wants a Godly man, the Christian man who god has for her. Which means she only accepts date with men that are on the same page as her as far as her beliefs and values (A Christian man). A man who has created a future for himself, is stable, and able to support a wife and family and wants to settle down.
That doesn’t mean on the first date she tells him she wants to get married and have kids by next week! Through conversation and getting to know someone it won’t take long at all to find out where this man’s head is at! So you do want a man who is looking for that long-term relationship that leads to a life partnership! So he’s either that type of man or he is not, but in any case life is short and a smart woman doesn’t waste time with men who aren’t suitable for her ie unequally yoked!
I’m a Smart Christian Woman
Looking for the perfect way to spend time with a special someone this summer? It’s really about the company not about what you do. Sometimes the simple things are best and the most fun. With plenty of sunshine, longer days and warmer temps lend itself to outdoor activities and more sociability. Make the most of summer by getting out and having fun!
Smart tip of the day: It is God’s will for you to be a blessed woman of God. Blessed Spiritually, blessed in your mind, blessed in your body with good health and yes blessed in your finances. Whatever you use to get ahead, your mind, your abilities, your resources, God gave it to you!! So stop looking at wealth and riches as if they are dirty words! Embrace prosperity. It is GOD who gives us the power to attain wealth! Deuteronomy 8:18: “God provides provision!”
SCW’s spring and summer preview has it all for you! Color trends, from professional wear to casual wear, makeup and hair. Spring is almost here! And it’s never looked so good! This seasons fashions are bold, feminine, and fun. Runaways have been buzzing with excitement from New York to Milan.
Time to make those New Year’s resolutions. What changes do you want to make in 2017? Forget about the word resolution, what it comes down to is change. Change is hard which is why most people do not keep resolutions. Think in terms of positive lifestyle changes which will bring you closer to your goals. This year pick one of these worthy goals and start there!
• Change the course of your life for the better with a new career. When you love what you do it’s not work. You don’t have to have all the details worked out just start..
• Add years to your life with diet and exercise, in the long-term. In the short-term, lower your stress levels, tone your body lose weight control your appetite.
• Whatever area of your life where you need to take a leap of faith to get you where you want to be, do it!
Never in history have women been more successful or more empowered than they are today. The growing prevalence of female entrepreneurship of all races didn’t happen by accident. It’s proof that legislation targeted at women and minority small business owners had an effect. The small business jobs act of 2010 and the Women’s equity and contracting act both of which seek to help businesses headed up by women win more government contracts. It helped to put women owned businesses and minority owned businesses at a competitive edge. The progress for minority women has been particularly swift. With business ownership skyrocketing 265% since 1997. Do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and take a leap of faith for your future.
Being a business owner doesn’t mean you’re limited to having a brick and mortar store to spotlight your skills and make money. The internet offers you a wealth of opportunities to start your own business, often with little to no cost. By focusing on your strengths you’ll be able to build a client roster and get your online business started. These businesses can be done full or part-time.
Small start-up businesses
It’s cold! But you still want to look hot for your date. Below freezing temperatures dictate wearing layers to insulate warmth. It’s cozy sweater weather! And you can be stylishly warm. Millennials like to be casually stylish. Whatever your plans for date night you’ll be ready with SCW’s winter date night outfit picks.
Success is not luck, it’s intentional. There are certain habits that successful women all share. In order to be successful you must do things on purpose! There should be a purpose to everything we do. Ask yourself, “is what I’m doing bringing me closer to my goals or away from it”? Time is precious and today matters, make it count! Remember that time is our most precious commodity, once we lose it we can never get it back. Spend your time wisely. Spend it on things that will bring you closer to your goals, and the things that you enjoy, the people you enjoy. Success is a habit.
1. Rise Early. Super successful people, CEO’s and leaders all rise early to get a head start on the day. And of course smart successful moms add yourself to the list of leaders because you’re a leader as well.
2. Exercise in the morning. It takes real commitment, but has great benefit. You’ve knocked it out for the day, boosted your mental agility, increased your energy level and you’re all set to take on day!
3. Plan ahead and take digital notes. She’s a planner, she plans ahead. It’s good to take notes and review your reminder app on your phone a couple of times a week to stay on track.
4. Successful women challenge themselves. She challenges herself, intellectually, mentally, physically. She’s always challenging herself to come up higher and achieve more.
5. She’s financially savvy. It’s vitally important to be on top of our financial situation. Successful women are successful because they manage the important areas of their life. Financial stability is a huge part of life. And that doesn’t mean you have to earn a six figure salary, but we do need to be good financial stewards of what God gives us.
Most people aren’t born knowing what to do with their lives. It’s a struggle every adult goes through at one point or another in their lives. Part of the problem is the concept of “a life’s purpose” the idea that we’re born for a higher purpose and it’s our life’s mission to find out what that is. This idea intimidates most people. However you need not feel intimidated, if you’re searching for your purpose in life your soul is on the right track. The one question you must ask yourself is: “What do you want your legacy to be?”
In other words, how do you want to remembered? For example: Maybe your passion is adopting children, and giving them love, guidance, and a secure home. Whatever your passion is find it, pursue it, and live it. Knowing your purpose is not something you’re born with it must be cultivated. Having a direction adds meaning to your life. It helps you to live longer, buffer against setbacks and is linked to well-being and an overall quality of life.
There’s no time like the present. Do you find yourself regretting the past? Or fearful of the future? As a result not being fully present in the present moment? Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised, all we have is now! To be fully engaged in the moment is very powerful. Living in the moment takes practice but when you learn how to live this way you’ll lead a fuller life and appreciate the beauty of the moment and the power of now!
• Take action now. So many times I’ve said to myself let me do this now while I’m thinking about it. Time gets away from us. We forget, there’s so many distractions, there’s no better time than now.
• Focus on the now. Focus on what you’re doing. Shut off the TV, turn off the computer, slow down and savor the present.
• Give thanks to God. Be thankful and say so. Be grateful for the blessings of the Lord and express gratitude.
• Don’t worry. It’s much harder than it sounds, but worry is a thief. Worrying takes you out of this moment and transports you into the realm of future possibilities. Matthew 6:27 NIV, “Who among you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?” , Matthew 6:34 NIV, “Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
• Perform random acts of kindness. Do something for someone else without expecting anything in return. For example, the next time you see an elderly lady struggling with her bags, carry them for her or you see a stranded motorist call for help. Random acts of kindness not only help you to live in the moment but help you improve that moment for someone else, which in turns makes you feel good. You never know how a small selfless act can make someone’s day and yours as well.
Thoughts or comments on this post? We’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Leave a Comment” link below.
Summer is when dating really heats up. Warmer temperatures and longer days means there are more options than ever for getting outdoors and spending time with that special someone. Our summer date night post happens to fall on Fathers Day weekend. So that means this weekend ladies are picking up the tab for their special man and or Dad (and rightfully so). So if you are all out of ideas consider trying some of the following Summer Date Night Ideas.
1. For summer evenings Jazz clubs are a nice alternative to dinner as usual. Enjoy dinner and a show in one place while unwinding and relaxing to smooth jazz.
2. Sail the day away. Pack a picnic basket and enjoy the day on the water.
3. Feeling a little adventurous? Parasailing is the perfect summer activity on the water for those who want to live on the edge.
4. Kayaking, a calm and relaxing activity.
5. See a play. There are a lot of great plays running during summer.
6. What could be more fun than laughter? Laugh it up at a local comedy club.
7. Playing games at the State Fair is super fun!
8. Pack up early and hit the beach for a fun day.
9. The best concerts are always in the summer.
10. Summer double Date night.
Thoughts or comments on this post? We’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Leave a Comment” link below. ♥
Everyone has struggled with confidence at some point in their life. You’re not alone. Two things you need to know. You don’t have to feel confidence to project confidence, and everyone who looks confident isn’t. You do not have to be perfect all the time, everyone has their moments. Think of the obstacles that stand in the way of you feeling confident. On a piece of paper write down all the things that you think are keeping you from becoming more confident, i.e. bad grades, job you hate, introversion, social awkwardness, no friends, etc.
No one determines your self-worth but you. Psalm 139, “You are fearfully and wonderfully made.” No matter how down you feel, try to pat yourself on the back a little and remember the things you excel at. Focusing on your better attributes will distract you from perceived flaws and boost your self-worth. You may not be able to do everything, but there are some things you were created to do and can do better than anyone else. Think of your good talents such as appearance, friendships, talents, skills, and most of all personality and character.
It’s important to look well, but its personality that will sustain you throughout your life. Outward appearance is fleeting, it’s character that remains. So focus on your character because your gifts will make room for you, Proverbs 18:16 & Proverbs 31:30, “Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the lord shall be praised.”