Change! It’s the one constant in life. The way we manage change can make all the difference. Change can be positive or negative. Expected and unexpected. Some positive changes are getting married, going away to college, a promotion at work, retirement. Difficult changes include loss of a person, loss of a job, illness, etc… Positive or negative, change will come! It must come! They’re called transitions. It is the essence of life. So how do we manage change in times of difficulty?
- Become comfortable with change, transitions give us an opportunity to assess the direction our lives are taking.
- Expect to feel uncomfortable during transition. As you let go of old ways of doing things and begin to accept your new normal, it’s disorientating at first but these feelings will pass and as believers we don’t live by our feelings, we live by faith.
- Take good care of yourself. Get plenty of rest exercise, and eat well.
- Build your support system. Friends and family can be a great source emotional support, they love you and genuinely want to help.
- Take it to God in prayer. The bible says to, Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord your God and lean not to your own understanding.”
- Take it one day at a time. To regain a sense of power take it one step at a time, that’s all the Lord expects of you.
Verse of the day:
Acknowledgement: Keep in prayer Eric and his daughter who’ve just lost a loving Wife and Mother. May God bless and Keep them.
Thoughts or comments on this post? We’d love to hear from you.
Click the “Leave a Comment” link below.